Bring out the slow cooker to make this creamy one-pot chicken soup. It tastes just like mums classic recipe and is the perfect way to beat the winter chill.
The ingredient of Mums slow-cooker creamy chicken soup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 (800g) chicken lovely legs
- 1 leek, white part only, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, quartered lengthways, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 1cm-thick pieces
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme, plus extra leaves to serve
- 1.5 litres Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 3/4 cup dried risoni
- 200ml tub double thick cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 110g packet cheddar cheese twists, to serve
The instruction how to make Mums slow-cooker creamy chicken soup
- Heat oil in a flameproof slow cooker bowl over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook for 3 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer bowl to slow cooker. Add leek, carrot, celery, thyme and stock. Cover with lid. Cook on low for 4 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Using tongs, carefully remove chicken from slow cooker and place on a board. Place cornflour in a small bowl. Add 1/4 cup soup mixture. Stir until smooth. Add cornflour mixture and pasta to slow cooker. Cover with lid. Cook on high for a further 20 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Meanwhile, remove and discard bones from chicken. Shred meat. Add to soup with cream. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Cover with lid. Cook on high for a further 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle with extra thyme and lemon zest. Serve with twists.
Nutritions of Mums slow-cooker creamy chicken soupfatContent: 743.529 calories
saturatedFatContent: 46 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 22.9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 46.1 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 34.5 grams protein
sodiumContent: 186 milligrams cholesterol