Combine fresh Asian greens with chicken and noodles to create this winter warming soup.
The ingredient of Asian chicken noodle soup
- 450g fresh thin hokkien noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 small red chillies, deseeded, finely chopped
- 6 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 500g chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, chopped
- Green onions, finely shredded, to serve
The instruction how to make Asian chicken noodle soup
- Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 3 minutes or until tender. Drain and separate noodles.
- Heat peanut oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ginger, garlic and half the chilli. Cook for 30 seconds. Add 2 cups stock. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add chicken. Cook for 5 minutes or until just cooked through. Transfer chicken to a chopping board. Slice crossways into strips.
- Add remaining 4 cups stock, soy sauce, sesame oil and sugar to soup. Cover. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to the boil. Add green onion and bok choy. Cook for 1 minute or until leaves just wilt.
- Divide noodles between bowls. Top with chicken. Ladle boiling broth into bowls. Top with shredded green onions and serve with remaining chilli on the side.
Nutritions of Asian chicken noodle soupfatContent: 390.287 calories
saturatedFatContent: 9.1 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1.7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 35.7 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 40.5 grams protein
sodiumContent: 95 milligrams cholesterol