Mouth-watering Asian flavours spring to life in this spicy broth with noodles and chicken dumplings.
The ingredient of Chicken dumplings in chilli and ginger soup
- 200g dried rice stick noodles
- 3 single chicken breast fillets, coarsely chopped
- 1 egg white
- 1 small fresh red chilli, coarsely chopped
- 6cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 80ml (1/3 cup) fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons kecap manis
- 1 large fresh red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 bunch baby pak choy, leaves separated, washed
The instruction how to make Chicken dumplings in chilli and ginger soup
- Prepare the noodles following packet directions or until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, place the chicken, egg white, chopped chilli and 1 tablespoon of ginger in the bowl of a food processor and process until just combined. Use wet hands to roll 1 tablespoon of the chicken mixture into a ball. Repeat with the remaining chicken mixture.
- Place the stock, lime juice, kecap manis, sliced chilli, sherry and remaining ginger in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the chicken balls, 1 at a time, and cook for 4 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add the pak choy to the pan and cook for 30 seconds or until pak choy just wilts. Divide the noodles and soup among serving bowls. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Chicken dumplings in chilli and ginger soupfatContent: 311.895 calories
saturatedFatContent: 4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 25 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 2 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 40 grams protein
sodiumContent: 88 milligrams cholesterol