Two of your favourite Asian dishes, chicken satay and noodle soup, come together in this quick and delicious meal.
The ingredient of Quick satay chicken noodle soup
- 2 x 270ml cans light coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 270g jar satay sauce
- 1L salt-reduced chicken stock
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 150g snow peas, trimmed, halved diagonally
- 440g packet shelf-stable thin hokkien noodles
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
- Bean sprouts, to serve
- Sliced spring onion, to serve
- Sliced red chilli, to serve
- Chopped roasted peanuts, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Quick satay chicken noodle soup
- Set aside 1/4 cup coconut cream. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add brown onion. Cook, stirring for 4 minutes or until starting to brown. Add garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add satay sauce. Stir to combine. Add stock and remaining coconut cream. Bring to a simmer.
- Add chicken. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Using tongs, transfer chicken to a plate. Cool 10 minutes. Coarsely shred.
- Meanwhile, add peanut butter and sauces to soup. Stir until combined. Add snow peas and noodles. Cook for a further 3 minutes or until vegetables and noodles are tender. Stir in shredded chicken. Top soup with coriander, sprouts, spring onion, chilli, peanuts and reserved coconut cream. Serve with lime wedges.
Nutritions of Quick satay chicken noodle soupfatContent: