*Disclaimer: This recipe is a member recipe. It has not been tested by the taste.com.au team.
The ingredient of Beetroot soup
- 40g unsalted butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 potato, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1L Massel chicken style liquid stock or vegetable liquid stock
- 1 cup water
- 450g canned beetroot, drained (see note)
- Sour cream, to serve
- Olive oil, to serve
- Chives, to serve
The instruction how to make Beetroot soup
- Heat the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and carrot and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add the chopped potato and cook, stirring, for further 5 minutes.
- Add the bay leaf, stock and 1 cup of water. Bring to the boil, than cook for a further 5 minutes or until vegetables are very tender.
- Add the chopped beetroot and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly than discard the bay leaf. Blend the soup until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, add one dollop of sour cream and a little olive oil and chopped chives.
Nutritions of Beetroot soupfatContent: