Take a few shortcuts with this quick and tasty Italian chicken soup.
The ingredient of Easy chicken minestrone
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups (1 litre) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 100g small pasta shapes
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped continental parsley
- 1 small barbecued chicken, breast meat only, skin removed & shredded
- Shaved parmesan cheese
The instruction how to make Easy chicken minestrone
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring for 1-2 minutes. Add carrot and celery and cook, stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Add diced tomatoes, chicken stock and 1 cup of water and bring to the boil. Add pasta, stir until it comes back to the boil, then cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Stir through chickpeas, parsley and chicken, bring back to a simmer and season to taste. Soup should be thick and hearty. Ladle hot soup into large bowls, sprinkle with parmesan. Serve immediately with crusty fresh bread.
Nutritions of Easy chicken minestronefatContent: 531.775 calories
saturatedFatContent: 16 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 33 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 60 grams protein