This delicious soothing chicken soup is sure to warm you up on those cold winter nights.
The ingredient of Soothing chicken soup
- 1.8 kg Coles RSPCA Approved Whole Chicken
- 6 black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley stalks (reserve leaves)
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 3l water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, pale green and white part only, sliced
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 4 sticks celery, chopped
- 1 cup soup pasta or risoni
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
The instruction how to make Soothing chicken soup
- Place the chicken in a large heavy-based stockpot. Wrap the peppercorns, bay leaf, parsley stalks and thyme in a small square of muslin and tie with kitchen string to form a pouch. Add to the pan with the water.
- Cover and bring slowly to the boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat slightly and simmer for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-low heat. Cook the leek, carrot and celery for 10 mins, stirring often, until tender.
- Transfer the vegetables to the stockpot. Simmer for a further 1 hour.
- Remove from heat. Carefully transfer the chicken to a board (in pieces if necessary). Cool slightly, then remove and discard skin and bones. Coarsely chop the meat.
- Return the chicken to the soup. Add the pasta and cook for 10 mins or until the pasta is tender. Season. Sprinkle with parsley leaves.
Nutritions of Soothing chicken soupfatContent: 576.946 calories
saturatedFatContent: 21.3 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 17.1 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 75 grams protein
sodiumContent: 223 milligrams cholesterol