Coconut milk, lemon grass and fish sauce will captivate your senses in this aromatic Thai soup.
The ingredient of Thai-style coconut and chicken soup
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 x 400ml cans coconut milk
- 2 stems fresh lemon grass, cut in 5cm lengths, halved lengthways
- 8 fresh kaffir lime leaves, roughly torn
- 4cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
- 500g chicken tenderloins, thinly sliced diagonally
- 150g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped palm sugar
- 150g snow peas, trimmed, cut in half diagonally
- 65g (1 cup) bean sprouts
- 2 green shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
The instruction how to make Thai-style coconut and chicken soup
- Combine stock, coconut milk, lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves and ginger in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Simmer, covered, for 1 hour. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Place a fine sieve over a large bowl. Ladle stock mixture into the sieve and drain. Discard lemon grass mixture left in the sieve. Return stock to saucepan.
- Place saucepan over medium heat. Add chicken, mushrooms, fish sauce, lime juice and sugar, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add snow peas and cook for 1 minute or until snow peas are bright green and tender crisp.
- Ladle soup among serving bowls. Top with bean sprouts, shallots and coriander leaves. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Thai-style coconut and chicken soupfatContent: 348.223 calories
saturatedFatContent: 24 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 20 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 9 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 24 grams protein
sodiumContent: 49 milligrams cholesterol