Theres nothing like a chicken soup to warm you up on a cold winters day.
The ingredient of Italian-style risoni soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium fennel bulb, ends trimmed, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 large zucchini, ends trimmed, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 x 500ml ctns chicken consomme
- 75g (1/3 cup) risoni
- 85g (1/2 cup) shelled fresh peas
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Sliced ciabatta, to serve
The instruction how to make Italian-style risoni soup
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the fennel, carrot, zucchini and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until just tender. Add the consomme and bring to the boil. Add the risoni and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until pasta is al dente. Add the peas and cook for 2 minutes or until peas are bright green and tender. Remove from heat.
- Add the tarragon and stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup among serving bowls, and serve with ciabatta.
Nutritions of Italian-style risoni soupfatContent: 148.658 calories
saturatedFatContent: 4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 17 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 10 grams protein