A tasty low-fat option that is also high in protein.
The ingredient of Smoked chicken noodle soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2L (8 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock, heated
- 150g thin dried egg noodles
- 1 1/2 cups (180g) frozen peas
- 250g smoked chicken breast, shredded (see note)
- Flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Smoked chicken noodle soup
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-low heat. Cook leek for 6-8 minutes, stirring until soft. Add carrot and celery, and cook, stirring, for 5-6 minutes until soft. Add stock and bring to a simmer. Add noodles and cook for 6 minutes or until tender, adding the peas for the final 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and simmer for 1 minute or until warmed through. Divide among bowls, season, and top with parsley leaves.
Nutritions of Smoked chicken noodle soupfatContent: 366.148 calories
saturatedFatContent: 13 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 30 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 29 grams protein