Kale is one of the most nutrient-dense foods you can eat. Its packed with vitamins A, C, E, K and B6. Use it to boost the flavour of this spicy winter soup.
The ingredient of Kale, chorizo and lentil soup
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup passata
- 3 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 3 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 x 400g cans lentils, drained and rinsed
- 250g chorizo, finely chopped
- 120g baby kale leaves
The instruction how to make Kale, chorizo and lentil soup
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot and celery. Cook for 5 minutes. Add passata, chicken stock and rosemary. Bring to the boil. Add lentils. Simmer for 10 minutes or until slightly reduced.
- Cook chopped chorizo in a frying pan over high heat, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Use a stick blender to partially puree soup. Stir in 90g baby kale leaves. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Stir through three-quarters of the chorizo.
- Serve topped with remaining chorizo and 30g baby kale leaves.
Nutritions of Kale, chorizo and lentil soupfatContent: