A great way to get kids eating more greens.
The ingredient of Creamy zucchini soup
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 large zucchini, chopped
- 2 large potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1L Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 3/4 cup cream
- salt and cracked black pepper
The instruction how to make Creamy zucchini soup
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 coarsely chopped onion, 1 crushed garlic clove, 4 large chopped zucchini and 2 large peeled, chopped potatoes. Cook for 5 minutes, making sure vegetables dont brown.
- Add 1L chicken stock and 1 cup water. Bring soup to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- Blend with a hand-held blender until smooth. Return soup to the heat and add 3/4 cup cream, salt and cracked black pepper. Warm through and serve with bread or corn and chive mini muffins (see related recipe).
Nutritions of Creamy zucchini soupfatContent: 318.348 calories
saturatedFatContent: 24 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 12 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 19 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 49 milligrams cholesterol