Super-healthy vegetables bathe in a bowl of creamy beetroot soup in this easy winter warmer.
The ingredient of Beetroot and carrot soup
- 1 bunch beetroot (4 beetroot)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 500g desiree potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1 bouquet garni
- 4 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- chopped fresh chives, to serve
The instruction how to make Beetroot and carrot soup
- Trim beetroot stems and leaves. Wearing gloves, peel and chop beetroot. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot and celery. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add beetroot, potatoes, bouquet garni, stock and 1 cup cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, partially covered, for 1 hour or until beetroot is tender. Cool slightly. Remove and discard bouquet garni.
- Process soup, in batches, until smooth. Return soup to pan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle soup into bowls. Top with sour cream. Sprinkle with chives. Serve.
Nutritions of Beetroot and carrot soupfatContent: 144.117 calories
saturatedFatContent: 5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 18 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 9 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 4 grams protein
sodiumContent: 8 milligrams cholesterol