Youll be mopping up every last bit of this creamy pumpkin soup with crispy ciabatta.
The ingredient of Roasted pumpkin soup
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1.5kg butternut pumpkin, diced
- 20g butter
- 1 medium leek, trimmed, halved, washed, sliced
- 2 medium cream delight potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1 litre Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon pure cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Ciabatta bread, sliced, toasted, to serve
The instruction how to make Roasted pumpkin soup
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C /180u00b0C fan-forced. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Place pumpkin and garlic in a bowl. Add oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Arrange pumpkin mixture, in a single layer, on prepared tray. Bake for 40 minutes or until pumpkin is golden and tender.
- Squeeze garlic cloves from skin. Reserve. Discard skin. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add leek. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until leek has softened. Add potato. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add stock and 2 cups cold water. Season with pepper. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 15 minutes or until potato is tender. Stir in roasted pumpkin and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Blend pumpkin mixture, in batches, until smooth. Return to pan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Ladle into serving bowls. Drizzle with cream and sprinkle with chives. Serve with toasted ciabatta slices.
Nutritions of Roasted pumpkin soupfatContent: 615.186 calories
saturatedFatContent: 37.1 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 19.8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 60.7 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 13.1 grams protein
sodiumContent: 76 milligrams cholesterol