Yay, it is winter! Time to make a big pot of chicken noodle soup to warm up the body and soul.
The ingredient of Chicken noodle soup
- 1 (about 1.4kg) organic chicken
- 1 onion, peeled
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 carrots, peeled, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, leaves removed
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 200g vermicelli pasta, cooked, drained
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
The instruction how to make Chicken noodle soup
- Place the chicken in a large saucepan with the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, herbs and 2 litres of water. Bring to the boil, skimming any scum that may appear on the surface. Reduce heat to very low and simmer for 2 hours (dont boil). Strain the soup, returning the liquid to the pan. Set aside the chicken to cool, discard vegetables.
- When the chicken is cool enough to handle, remove the meat from the bones and set aside to use in other dishes. Return the bones to the stock and cook for a further hour at a low simmer. Strain, allow to cool, then refrigerate overnight.
- Remove any fat that has appeared on the surface and discard. Reheat soup. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Divide pasta between serving bowls, and ladle the soup over the top. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Nutritions of Chicken noodle soupfatContent: 323.606 calories
saturatedFatContent: 17 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 11 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 2 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 31 grams protein
sodiumContent: 116 milligrams cholesterol