Create a delicious and nutritious hearty meal with this tasty chicken and kale soup.
The ingredient of Chicken and kale soup
- 4 cups (1L) chicken stock
- 2 Coles RSPCA Approved chicken marylands (or 4 drumsticks)
- 2 potatoes, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 large carrots, peeled, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 leek, white part only, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 60g kale leaves
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- Ground smoked paprika, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken and kale soup
- Place the stock in a large saucepan. Add the chicken and bring to the boil. Add the potato, carrot, leek and garlic, and simmer for 30 mins.
- Reduce heat to low. Remove the chicken and set aside to cool slightly. Remove and discard the skin and bones. Coarsely shred the chicken.
- Return chicken to soup with kale and lemon juice. Bring to boil and simmer for 5 mins to heat through.
- Ladle among serving bowls. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with paprika.
Nutritions of Chicken and kale soupfatContent: