Beat the sniffles this winter with this hearty chicken and vegetable soup.
The ingredient of Chicken and vegetable soup
- 2 chicken marylands or 4 chicken drumsticks
- 1 litre (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced into 2 x 2 cm dice
- 2 large carrots, peeled and small diced
- 1 leek, white part only, halved lengthways and sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 60g baby kale leaves
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Olive oil, to garnish
- Paprika, to garnish
The instruction how to make Chicken and vegetable soup
- Place chicken stock in a large pot, add the chicken and bring to the boil. Add potato, carrots, leeks and garlic. Simmer for 30 minutes. Remove chicken from pot and when cool enough to handle, remove all the chicken off the bones. Reduce heat of the pot to low while chicken cools.
- Return chicken to the pot, add lemon juice and kale. Bring to the boil and simmer for a further 5 mins.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of smoked paprika.
Nutritions of Chicken and vegetable soupfatContent: