This lemongrass noodle soup is a hearty bowl of goodness. Make it your way and change up the toppings to your liking!
The ingredient of Asian chicken noodle soup
- 4 cups (1L) chicken stock
- 5cm-piece ginger, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 lemongrass stem, halved lengthways or 2 teaspoons lemongrass paste
- 500g Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Thigh Fillets
- 1/4 cup (60ml) teriyaki marinade
- 200g dried rice stick noodles
- 2 cups shredded wombok (Chinese cabbage)
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 2 long red chillies, thinly sliced (optional)
The instruction how to make Asian chicken noodle soup
- Combine the stock, 2 cups (500ml) water, ginger, garlic and lemongrass in a large saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Bring to a simmer. Cook, covered, for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, combine the chicken and teriyaki marinade in a bowl. Set aside for 5 mins to develop the flavours.
- Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Cook the chicken for 5 mins each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover and set aside for 5 mins to rest. Thickly slice.
- Stir noodles and wombok into stock mixture. Cook for 3 mins or until noodles are tender. Divide among serving bowls. Top with chicken. Serve sprinkled with spring onion and chilli, if using.
Nutritions of Asian chicken noodle soupfatContent: 402.237 calories
saturatedFatContent: 12 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 45 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 27 grams protein