Add this corn, chicken and basil soup to your repertoire for a quick, delicious and healthy meal.
The ingredient of Corn and basil soup with chicken
- 1.5L Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 (about 500g) single chicken breast fillets, trimmed, quartered crossways
- 500ml (4 cups) water
- 4 corncobs, husks and silk removed
- 50g (1/3 cup) cornflour
- 2 tablespoons water, extra
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh basil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
The instruction how to make Corn and basil soup with chicken
- Bring stock to the boil in a covered saucepan over high heat. Add chicken, reduce heat to medium and cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until cooked. Transfer chicken to plate, cover and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the water to the pan, increase heat to high, cover and bring to the boil.
- Cut the corncobs lengthways and close to the core to remove kernels. Add kernels to pan and cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, use your fingers to finely shred the chicken and set aside.
- Mix cornflour and extra water in a bowl to a paste. Add to stock in pan and cook over high heat, stirring, for 1 minute or until slightly thick. Stir in chicken and basil, and cook for 1-2 minutes or until chicken is heated.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper. Ladle into large serving bowls.
Nutritions of Corn and basil soup with chickenfatContent: 321.694 calories
saturatedFatContent: 6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 29 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 34 grams protein
sodiumContent: 74 milligrams cholesterol