Just when you thought youve already made the best pumpkin soup, in steps Kim with this Thai-style version.
The ingredient of Thai-style pumpkin soup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1.2kg kent pumpkin, peeled, chopped
- 300g cream delight potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup Thai red curry paste
- 2 1/2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
The instruction how to make Thai-style pumpkin soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add pumpkin and potato. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes. Add garlic. Cook, stirring for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add curry paste to pan. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes, to coat vegetables all over. Add stock, stirring to combine. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes. Remove lid. Simmer for a further 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Using a stick blender, blend soup until smooth. Return to medium heat. Stir in 1 cup coconut milk. Season with pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, combine peanuts, coriander, green onion and lime juice in a small bowl. Ladle soup into bowls. Serve drizzled with remaining coconut milk and sprinkled with peanut mixture.
Nutritions of Thai-style pumpkin soupfatContent: 391.243 calories
saturatedFatContent: 26 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 16.7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 33.8 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 9 grams protein