Warm up this winter with this hearty vegetarian pumpkin soup.
The ingredient of Spiced pumpkin and lentil soup
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, roughly chopped
- 4 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock (see notes)
- 400g can brown lentils, drained, rinsed
- Naan bread, toasted, to serve
The instruction how to make Spiced pumpkin and lentil soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring, or until soft. Add cumin and coriander. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add pumpkin. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add stock and lentils. Mix well. Cover. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, partially covered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until pumpkin is tender.
- Puree soup until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with toasted naan bread.
Nutritions of Spiced pumpkin and lentil soupfatContent: 223.465 calories
saturatedFatContent: 5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 28 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 16 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 12 grams protein