Try this classic warming soup for a creamy and wholesome European experience.
The ingredient of Potato and bacon soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 30g unsalted butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 bacon rashers, rind removed, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 3 large desiree potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/4 cups (300g) light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- Toast, to serve
The instruction how to make Potato and bacon soup
- Heat oil and butter in a large frypan over medium heat. Add onion and bacon, and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes until onion has softened but not coloured and bacon is cooked. Sprinkle in flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add stock, stirring until smooth. Add the potato and simmer for 8 minutes or until potato is just tender.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks and sour cream in a bowl, adding a little of the hot soup to the mixture, until smooth.
- Add egg yolk mixture to the soup. Reduce heat to low and cook for a further 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Stir through dill. Divide among warm bowls and serve with toast.
Nutritions of Potato and bacon soupfatContent: