Keep warm during the winter months with this Tuscan-style bread soup.
The ingredient of Ribollita (Tuscan bread soup)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, trimmed, sliced crossways
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 large desiree potato, peeled, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 savoy cabbage, hard core removed, shredded
- 200g green beans, cut into 5cm lengths
- 4 cups (1 litre) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 200g Pane Di Casa bread or crusty bread, crusts removed
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
- Freshly ground pepper, to serve
The instruction how to make Ribollita (Tuscan bread soup)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot and celery. Cook for 4 minutes or until soft, then stir in the tomato paste. Add remaining vegetables, stock and cannellini beans. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour.
- Preheat a grill on high. Grill the prosciutto for 5 minutes or until crisp. Set aside to cool. Break into large pieces.
- Tear the bread into small chunks. Stir bread and 1 cup (250ml) of water into the soup. Set aside for 5 minutes. Ladle into serving bowls. Top with the prosciutto, parmesan and season with pepper.
Nutritions of Ribollita (Tuscan bread soup)fatContent: 432.351 calories
saturatedFatContent: 15 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 46 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 10 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 22 grams protein
sodiumContent: 12 milligrams cholesterol