The ingredient of Quick pea & ham soup with mint
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 420g (2 cups) green split peas, rinsed, drained
- 1.5L (6 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 250g sliced leg ham, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup celery leaves, torn
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Quick pea & ham soup with mint
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and sliced celery, and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until onion softens slightly.
- Stir in the peas and stock. Cover, increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, partially covered, for 30 minutes or until the peas are tender but not mushy.
- Stir in the ham, mint and celery leaves. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm with the crusty bread.
Nutritions of Quick pea & ham soup with mintfatContent: 312.373 calories
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 35 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 24 grams protein