A light, crisp lager adds extra zing to this creamy soup finished with blue cheese.
The ingredient of Cauliflower & beer soup with rosemary croutons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 large (950g) cauliflower, cut into florets
- 500ml (2 cups) milk
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 250ml (1 cup) light-flavoured lager beer
- 200g day-old sourdough bread, torn
- 80ml (1/3 cup) pouring cream
- 100g blue cheese, crumbled
- Extra virgin olive oil, to serve
The instruction how to make Cauliflower & beer soup with rosemary croutons
- Heat half the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir onion for 5 minutes or until soft. Stir in garlic and half the rosemary for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add cauliflower, milk, stock and beer. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes or until tender. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Combine bread and remaining olive oil and rosemary in a bowl. Spread over a baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Blend soup, in batches, until smooth. Return to clean saucepan over low heat. Add cream. Season. Heat, stirring, for 5 minutes. Divide among bowls. Top with cheese and croutons. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
Nutritions of Cauliflower & beer soup with rosemary croutonsfatContent: 370.45 calories
saturatedFatContent: 20 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 10 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 27 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 12 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 14 grams protein
sodiumContent: 42 milligrams cholesterol