The ingredient of Tomato, white bean and sausage soup
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 (375g) pork and fennel sausages
- 1 baby fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 150g shortcut bacon, rind removed, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 x 400g cans butter beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 100g baby spinach leaves
The instruction how to make Tomato, white bean and sausage soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add sausages. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cool slightly. Thinly slice.
- Add fennel, onion, garlic and bacon to pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until vegetables soften. Add tomato paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, beans, stock and 2 cups cold water. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until soup thickens slightly.
- Add sausages and spinach. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until spinach wilts and sausages are heated through. Serve.
Nutritions of Tomato, white bean and sausage soupfatContent: 471.786 calories
saturatedFatContent: 35 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 13 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 14 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 9 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 23 grams protein
sodiumContent: 83 milligrams cholesterol