For a warming winter meal, you cant go past a soup classic.
The ingredient of Pea and ham soup
- 500g packet dried green split peas
- 4 cups (1L) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1kg ham hock or bacon bones
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Pea and ham soup
- Place split peas in a sieve and run under cold water for a minute or until water turns clear. Set aside. Place stock, 2L water, ham hock, vegetables and split peas in a large saucepan. Cook soup over medium high heat for 1 1/2 hours, skimming the surface occasionally to remove any foam. Remove from heat. Remove ham hock from the soup and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile blend the soup with a hand-held blender until pureed. Remove fat from ham hock, shred meat roughly and return to the soup. Serve with crusty bread.
Nutritions of Pea and ham soupfatContent: 282.976 calories
saturatedFatContent: 2 grams fat
sugarContent: 40 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 20 grams protein