Cheesy potato wedges are the perfect accompaniment to this hearty vegetable soup.
The ingredient of Baked bean soup with cheesy wedges
- 3 x 220g cans baked beans in tomato sauce
- 40ml (2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 400g pancetta or bacon, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300ml Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 40ml (2 tablespoons) Worcestershire sauce
- 3 medium desiree potatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mild paprika
- 100g taleggio cheese, sliced or cheddar cheese, grated
The instruction how to make Baked bean soup with cheesy wedges
- Preheat oven to 190u00b0C. To make wedges, cut each potato into 6 wedges. Combine oil and paprika in a bowl and season well. Toss in wedges, then transfer to a baking dish and bake for 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mash or puree half the beans. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add onion and pancetta and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the mashed beans, whole beans, stock, tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine, then bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- Scatter the sliced or grated cheese over the wedges and bake for a further 5 minutes. Serve with the soup.
Nutritions of Baked bean soup with cheesy wedgesfatContent: 696.207 calories
saturatedFatContent: 39 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 13 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 37 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 15 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 44 grams protein