Warm up from the inside out with this fragant, Thai inspired beef and noodle soup.
The ingredient of Thai red curry beef soup
- 100g rice stick noodles
- 500g Coles Australian Beef Rump Steak
- 1/3 cup (100g) red curry paste
- 1L (4 cups) chicken stock
- 400ml can light coconut milk
- 125g pkt baby corn spears, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Thai red curry beef soup
- Place the noodles in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 5 mins to soak. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Season the beef with pepper. Cook for 2 mins each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 mins to rest. Thinly slice.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until aromatic. Add the stock and coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
- Add the baby corn. Cook for 2 mins or until tender. Add the bok choy and cook for 1 min or until just tender. Add the sugar, fish sauce and lime juice. Taste and season.
- Divide the noodles among serving bowls. Ladle over the soup mixture. Top with the beef. Sprinkle with coriander and serve immediately with lime wedges.
Nutritions of Thai red curry beef soupfatContent: 470.352 calories
saturatedFatContent: 23 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 16 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 31 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 9 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 32 grams protein