Sweetness loves spice, so the secret in this warming vege soup is a spoonful of Thai curry paste.
The ingredient of Spicy sweet potato soup with chilli coriander cream
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 teaspoons sunflower oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 2 carrots, peeled, thickly sliced
- 750g sweet potato (kumara), peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 90g (1/3 cup) extra light sour cream
- 1 long fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
The instruction how to make Spicy sweet potato soup with chilli coriander cream
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion for 5 minutes or until soft. Stir in curry paste for 1-2 minutes or until aromatic.
- Add the carrot, sweet potato and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 25-30 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly.
- Blend the soup until smooth. Heat over low heat for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the lime juice and brown sugar. Season.
- Combine the sour cream, chilli and coriander in a bowl. Serve with the soup.
Nutritions of Spicy sweet potato soup with chilli coriander creamfatContent: 221.075 calories
saturatedFatContent: 5.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 37 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 6.5 grams protein