This easy, creamy mushroom soup tastes even better with a sprinkling of goats cheese and black pepper.
The ingredient of Creamy mushroom soup
- 60g butter, plus 20g extra
- 1 leek, white part only, washed and finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 700g mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 4 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock or vegetable liquid stock
- 300ml cream
- 120g Coles Brand Mild Goats Cheese
- Cracked black pepper, to serve
The instruction how to make Creamy mushroom soup
- Melt butter in a large saucepan and add the leek. Cook over medium heat for 5 mins, stirring occasionally, until soft and lightly golden. Add garlic and cook for 1 min.
- Meanwhile, set 4 mushrooms aside and roughly chop the rest. Add chopped mushrooms to the pan and cook for 3-4 mins, stirring often, until soft. Sprinkle the flour over the mixture, and cook, stirring, for 1 min. Add stock gradually, while stirring constantly. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 5 mins.
- Use a wand blender to puree soup until smooth (alternatively, cool slightly then puree in a food processor). Stir in cream and reheat gently.
- Melt extra butter in a small frying pan. Slice reserved mushrooms and cook for 2 mins each side over medium heat, until golden. Serve soup in small bowls, topped with crumbled goats cheese, sliced mushrooms and cracked black pepper.
Nutritions of Creamy mushroom soupfatContent: