Smooth pea soup with a dollop of roast garlic creme fraiche is the perfect entree to a romantic Valentines Day meal.
The ingredient of Green pea soup with roast garlic creme fraiche
- 4 garlic cloves
- 90g (1/3 cup) creme fraiche, (King Island brand)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small brown onion, halved, chopped
- 500g fresh peas, shelled
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- Freshly ground black pepper
The instruction how to make Green pea soup with roast garlic creme fraiche
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Place garlic cloves on an oven tray and cook in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until soft. Remove from the oven and set aside for 10 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Peel.
- Place garlic cloves in a small bowl and lightly mash. Add creme fraiche and stir until combined. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge until required.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil and butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add peas and chicken stock. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Boil for 5 minutes or until the peas are bright green and tender. Remove from the heat and set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Pour the soup into the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Taste and season with pepper.
- Ladle the soup into serving bowls. Top with a dollop of the roast garlic creme fraiche and sprinkle with pepper.
Nutritions of Green pea soup with roast garlic creme fraichefatContent: 396.979 calories
saturatedFatContent: 35 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 18 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 11 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 73 milligrams cholesterol