Serve soup in summer with this well balanced chilled recipe, great as a starter at any party.
The ingredient of Chilled corn soup with drunken tequila prawns
- 30g unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 corn cobs, kernels sliced
- 3 cups (750ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/4 cup (60ml) pure (thin) cream
- 8 green prawns, peeled (tails intact), deveined
- 1 cup (250ml) tequila blanco (see note)
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Thinly sliced red chilli, to serve
- Mustard cress, to serve
The instruction how to make Chilled corn soup with drunken tequila prawns
- Heat butter and oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic, stirring, for 3-4 minutes until softened, but not coloured. Add corn kernels and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, then add the stock and bring to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes or until the corn is tender.
- Cool slightly, then blend soup until smooth. Strain through a sieve into a bowl, pressing down on the solids to extract as much liquid as possible. Stir through the cream and season. Place in the fridge for 2-3 hours until chilled.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of salted water to the boil. Add the prawns, then remove immediately from the heat. Stand for 10 minutes, then drain. Place prawns in a bowl with tequila and lime zest and juice, then season. Cool, then transfer to the fridge to marinate for 2 hours.
- To serve, divide soup among bowls. Drain prawns, then place 2 in each bowl. Season, then garnish with chilli and cress.
Nutritions of Chilled corn soup with drunken tequila prawnsfatContent: 541.335 calories
saturatedFatContent: 26 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 10 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 26 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 9 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 15 grams protein
sodiumContent: 78 milligrams cholesterol