Let the slow cooker do all the work with this effortless, overnight pumpkin soup topped with crispy maple bacon, hazelnuts and sage.
The ingredient of Easy overnight maple bacon pumpkin soup
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 middle bacon rashers, trimmed
- 1.6kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into large chunks
- 2 brushed potatoes, peeled
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 3 cups salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1/2 cup thickened cream, plus extra to serve
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage leaves
- Coles Bakery pane di casa bread, sliced, to serve
The instruction how to make Easy overnight maple bacon pumpkin soup
- Cut the bacon in half crossways. Cover and refrigerate streaky section of bacon until required. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook remaining bacon for 3 minutes each side or until golden. Place bacon in a slow cooker with pumpkin, potato, onion, ginger, mixed spice and stock. Season. Cover with lid. Cook on LOW for 6 hours (or HIGH for 3 hours) or until vegetables are tender. Discard bacon.
- Using a stick blender, blend soup until smooth. Stir in cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200C. Place a rack over a baking paper-lined baking tray. Place reserved streaky bacon on tray. Brush generously with maple syrup. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn. Cook for a further 5 minutes or until crisp. Cool 10 minutes. Break into large pieces.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of remaining oil in a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Add hazelnuts. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Add sage leaves. Cook for 20 seconds or until crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- Ladle soup among serving bowls. Drizzle with extra cream and remaining oil. Top with maple bacon, hazelnuts and sage. Serve with bread.
Nutritions of Easy overnight maple bacon pumpkin soupfatContent: