Treat your family to authentic asian flavours with this soul warming chicken laksa.
The ingredient of Chicken laksa
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, sliced
- 1/3 cup (100g) laksa paste
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 cup (250ml) coconut milk
- 2 kaffir lime leaves (see note), very finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon grated palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice
- 8 quail eggs (see note - optional)
- 200g dried vermicelli rice noodles
- 2 cups (160g) bean sprouts, trimmed
- 1/2 cup Thai basil leaves
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- Fried Asian shallots (see note), to garnish
- Sliced red chilli, to garnish
The instruction how to make Chicken laksa
- Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Season chicken, then stir-fry, in batches, for 3-4 minutes until just golden. Remove chicken from wok and set aside. Add laksa paste and stir-fry for 1 minute until fragrant. Return the chicken and add the stock, coconut milk, kaffir lime and 1/2 cup (125ml) water. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes until chicken is cooked. Stir in sugar, fish sauce and lime juice to taste.
- Meanwhile, if using quail eggs, place in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat and cook for 3-4 minutes until hard-boiled. Rinse under cold water, then peel, halve and set aside.
- Cook the noodles according to packet instructions, then drain and divide among 4 serving bowls. Ladle over laksa and top with the bean sprouts, Thai basil, coriander, quail egg, shallot and chilli.
Nutritions of Chicken laksafatContent: 650.797 calories
saturatedFatContent: 35 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 14 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 51 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 10 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 29 grams protein
sodiumContent: 165 milligrams cholesterol