Blend rich avocado with sour cream, then top with flaked trout for a special occasion soup.
The ingredient of Avocado soup with smoked ocean trout
- 2 Hass avocados, halved, stone removed, peeled, chopped
- 2 cups (500ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- Sour cream, to serve
- 80g Springs smoked ocean trout, skin and bones removed, flaked
The instruction how to make Avocado soup with smoked ocean trout
- Place the avocado, chicken stock and lime juice in a food processor and process until smooth and well combined. Add the cayenne pepper.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium saucepan. Stir over a low heat for 3 minutes or until the soup is just warmed through. (Alternatively, the soup may be served cold for summer entertaining. Refrigerate until chilled.)
- Combine the red onion and coriander in a small bowl. Divide the soup between serving dishes. Place a generous dollop of sour cream on each soup. Top with the flaked ocean trout and sprinkle over the red onion and coriander mixture.
Nutritions of Avocado soup with smoked ocean troutfatContent: 297.794 calories
saturatedFatContent: 28 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 3 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 2 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 17 milligrams cholesterol