Create these delicious chicken pies with just 6 ingredients and a can of soup.
The ingredient of Creamy chicken and mushroom pies
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 150g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 420g can Campbells Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry, partially thawed
- 1 tablespoon milk
The instruction how to make Creamy chicken and mushroom pies
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add mushroom. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until lightly browned and tender.
- Add soup and 1/4 cup cold water. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until combined. Remove from heat. Add chicken. Season with pepper. Stir to combine. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Grease four 7.5cm-round (base) pie tins. Cut 2 sheets of pastry in half diagonally. Line tins with pastry. Trim edges. Spoon chicken mixture evenly between tins. Cut remaining pastry sheet into 4 squares. Place 1 piece of pastry over each pie. Trim excess. Press edges together with a fork to seal. Brush with milk. Cut a cross into top of each pie. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden. Serve.
Nutritions of Creamy chicken and mushroom piesfatContent: 831.242 calories
saturatedFatContent: 45.8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 17.2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 64.7 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 37.7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 138 milligrams cholesterol