This hearty chicken and chickpea stew is sure to please young, old and everyone in between!
The ingredient of Hearty chicken and chickpea stew
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cut into quarters
- 1 brown onion, roughly chopped
- 1 large carrot, thickly sliced
- 1 large parsnip, thickly sliced
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 495g can Country Ladle garden vegetable with wholegrain barley soup
- 1 large zucchini, thickly sliced
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- Cooked risoni pasta, to serve
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Hearty chicken and chickpea stew
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Add onion to pan. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Return chicken to pan.
- Add carrot, parsnip, tomato, soup and 1/2 cup cold water. Stir to combine. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender. Add zucchini and chickpeas. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve with risoni and basil.
Nutritions of Hearty chicken and chickpea stewfatContent: 707.918 calories
saturatedFatContent: 24.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6.2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 77.7 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 38.1 grams protein
sodiumContent: 100 milligrams cholesterol