The kids will love slurping up this simple Asian-style soup.
The ingredient of Long and short soup
- 1 litre Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/2 x 440g packet shelf-fresh thin hokkien noodles
- 240g packet frozen prawn and chive wontons (see note)
- 100g snow peas, trimmed, diagonally sliced
- 310g can super sweet corn kernels, drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kecap manis
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
The instruction how to make Long and short soup
- Bring stock and 2 cups cold water to the boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 1 minute. Separate noodles with a fork. Drain. Set aside.
- Add the frozen wontons to boiling stock. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until cooked through. Add snow peas, corn kernels and kecap manis. Cover. Return to the boil.
- Arrange noodles in serving bowls. Ladle soup and wontons into bowls. Sprinkle with green onion. Serve.
Nutritions of Long and short soupfatContent: 254.057 calories
saturatedFatContent: 5.3 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 39.6 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 10.6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 23 milligrams cholesterol