This pea, dill and rice soup will warm up the insides on a cold winters night.
The ingredient of Pea, dill and rice soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, white part only, thinly sliced
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup (100g) white long-grain rice
- 1 litre (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock or vegetable liquid stock
- 1 1/2 cups (230g) frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
The instruction how to make Pea, dill and rice soup
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the leek and celery and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the leek softens. Add the garlic and rice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until well combined. Add the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Add the peas and cook for 1 minute or until bright green and heated through. Remove from heat. Add the lemon juice and dill and stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Ladle soup among serving bowls. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Pea, dill and rice soupfatContent: 200.521 calories
saturatedFatContent: 6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 27 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 7 grams protein