Using evaporated milk, create this flavoursome coconut and vegetable laksa recipe while minimising the fat.
The ingredient of Creamy coconut and vegetable laksa
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 230g jar laksa paste
- 3 1/2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons grated palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 375ml can light and creamy coconut evaporated milk
- 200g firm tofu, cut into 1cm cubes
- 80g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 250g dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 cup bean sprouts, trimmed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Fresh coriander leaves,
- Sliced long red chilli, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Creamy coconut and vegetable laksa
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add oil. Swirl to coat. Add laksa paste. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until fragrant. Add stock, palm sugar and fish sauce. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Add milk. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add tofu and snow peas. Cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add lime juice. Stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Divide noodles between bowls. Ladle coconut mixture over noodles. Serve with bean sprouts, green onion, coriander, chilli and lime wedges.
Nutritions of Creamy coconut and vegetable laksafatContent: 607.06 calories
saturatedFatContent: 19.3 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6.3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 84.1 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 24.1 grams protein
sodiumContent: 11 milligrams cholesterol