Simple to make and budget friendly, spaghetti bolognaise is a perfect midweek meal.
The ingredient of Spaghetti bolognaise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 550g lean beef mince
- 80ml (1/3 cup) dry red wine
- Pinch of dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 415g can Big Red tomato soup (Heinz brand)
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- Sea salt & cracked black pepper
- 375g spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh continental parsley
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
The instruction how to make Spaghetti bolognaise
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Add the mince and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up lumps of mince, for 5 minutes or until the mince changes colour. Reduce heat to medium and add the wine and oregano. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
- Stir in the tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until well combined.
- Add the tomato soup, chicken stock, tomato sauce and chilli sauce, and bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour. Taste and season with sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in large saucepan of salted boiling water, following packet directions or until al dente. Drain.
- Add the spaghetti and parsley to the bolognaise sauce and toss gently until well combined.
- Serve immediately in shallow serving bowls sprinkled with the shaved parmesan.
Nutritions of Spaghetti bolognaisefatContent: 721.063 calories
saturatedFatContent: 22 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 81 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 21 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 45 grams protein