Corn chowder is a hearty, budget friendly meal which will satisfy the whole family especially on cold winter nights.
The ingredient of Corn chowder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 brown onions, chopped
- 250g bacon, rind removed, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1kg frozen corn kernels
- 500g unpeeled Desiree potatoes, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons lemon thyme leaves
The instruction how to make Corn chowder
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and bacon. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Add flour, stirring constantly. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Combine milk and stock. Slowly add to bacon mixture, stirring until well combined.
- Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Add corn, potatoes, thyme, and salt and pepper. Return to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened and heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Nutritions of Corn chowderfatContent: 400.564 calories
saturatedFatContent: 16 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 42 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 13 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 17 grams protein