This best-ever minestrone takes just 25 minutes! Perfect for those cooler weeknights!
The ingredient of Best-ever minestrone
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 bacon rashers, finely chopped
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups (1L) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 400g can borlotti beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup (65g) small pasta shells
- 60g pkt Coles Australian Baby Spinach, finely shredded
- 1/3 cup (90g) basil pesto
The instruction how to make Best-ever minestrone
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery, zucchini, garlic and bacon. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until onion softens.
- Add the tomato and stir to combine. Add the stock and tomato paste and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 mins or until the soup thickens slightly.
- Add the beans and pasta to the tomato mixture in the pan and cook for 8 mins or until pasta is al dente. Add the spinach and stir to combine. Remove from heat. Season.
- Ladle the soup evenly among serving bowls. Top with pesto.
Nutritions of Best-ever minestronefatContent: 254.535 calories
saturatedFatContent: 15 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 19 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 10 grams protein