Thai or fish for Friday’s dinner? Get the best of both in this tasty dish. Weve added rice and flakes of succulent salmon to this much-loved coconut soup.
The ingredient of Salmon tom kha pla
- 1L (4 cups) Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 270ml can light coconut cream
- 150g small button mushrooms, halved
- 4cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 1 large fresh basil stem
- 1 lemongrass stem, bruised
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 large (about 450g) salmon fillets
- 250g microwave long grain white rice
- 1 bunch baby pak choy, stems and leaves separated
- 1 long fresh red chilli, thinly sliced
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Salmon tom kha pla
- Combine the stock, coconut cream, mushroom, ginger, basil, lemongrass, lime juice, brown sugar and fish sauce in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low.
- Add salmon. Simmer gently for 6 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Set aside for 2 minutes to rest. Remove skin. Flake into large pieces.
- Meanwhile, stir in rice and pak choy stems for 1 minute or until stems are tender crisp. Stir in leaves for 1 minute or until just wilted and rice is tender. Discard lemongrass and basil stem. Divide soup among bowls.
- Top with salmon, chilli, coriander and basil.
Nutritions of Salmon tom kha plafatContent: 423.03 calories
saturatedFatContent: 16 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 38 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 32 grams protein