These chocolate and orange filled pastries taste fantastic warmed with some ice-cold ice-cream on the side.
The ingredient of Chocolate puffs
- 100g good-quality dark cooking chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 sheet ready-rolled puff pastry, slightly thawed
- 1 egg yolk, lightly whisked
- 4 scoops vanilla ice-cream
The instruction how to make Chocolate puffs
- Preheat oven to 210u00b0C. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine the chocolate and orange rind in a small bowl. Cut the pastry into 4 squares. Place a quarter of the chocolate mixture in the middle of each pastry square and fold the pastry over to form a triangle. Press the edges together to seal.
- Place triangles on lined tray in the freezer for 5 minutes to chill. Brush with a little egg yolk and bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden. Stand for 5 minutes before serving with the ice-cream.
Nutritions of Chocolate puffsfatContent: 332.21 calories
saturatedFatContent: 20 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 12 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 32 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 17 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 61 milligrams cholesterol