For an ooey gooey chocolately dessert try this Southern-style pudding made with raspberries and apples for a touch of fruity freshness.
The ingredient of Raspberry, apple and chocolate cobbler
- 3 cups (450g) frozen raspberries
- 3 Granny Smith apples, cored, peeled, chopped
- 40g butter, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 1/4 cups (185g) self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup (40g) almond meal
- 1/4 cup (25g) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 100g chilled butter, chopped, extra
- 1 Coles Brand Australian Free Range Egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Whipped cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Raspberry, apple and chocolate cobbler
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease a 6-cup (1.5L) ovenproof dish. Combine the raspberries, apple, butter, vanilla, half the sugar and cornflour in a large bowl. Spoon into the prepared dish.
- Combine the flour, almond meal, cocoa, remaining sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add the extra butter. Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Combine the egg and milk in a separate bowl. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture. Pour in the egg mixture. Stir until a dough forms. Use slightly damp hands to roll dough into 4cm balls (the dough will be quite sticky). Place on raspberry mixture. Bake for 35 mins or until cooked through. Stand for 2 mins. Dust with icing sugar and serve with whipped cream.
Nutritions of Raspberry, apple and chocolate cobblerfatContent: