Give a creative food gift this Christmas - these star-shaped chocolate cookies are the perfect stocking stuffer.
The ingredient of Chocolate Chip Star Cookies
- 150g butter, at room temperature
- 150g (3/4 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 90g (1/2 cup) finely chopped a good-quality dark chocolate
- 120g (3/4 cup) finely chopped good- quality white chocolate
- 50g (1/3 cup) dark Choc Bits
The instruction how to make Chocolate Chip Star Cookies
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C.
- Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar in a medium mixing bowl with electric beaters until pale and creamy. Add the egg and vanilla essence and beat until just combined.
- Sift together the self-raising flour and cocoa. Fold the sifted flour mixture, chopped dark chocolate and chopped white chocolate , through the butter mixture with a wooden : spoon and then bring the dough together with your hands.
- Roll out half the dough on a lightly floured work surface with a lightly floured rolling pin to about l cm thick. Cut the 1 dough with cookie cutters of your choice and place onto the prepared baking trays about 3cm apart. Evenly press half the Choc Bits into the cookies.
- Bake cookies in the preheated oven for e 15-20 minutes or until crisp and cooked through. Remove from the oven and stand on the baking trays for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Repeat :with the remaining biscuit dough and Choc Bits. Store in an airtight container.
Nutritions of Chocolate Chip Star CookiesfatContent: