This irresistibly moist dessert is given the final touch with a luscious rich chocolate sauce.
The ingredient of Frangelico bavarois with chocolate sauce
- 185ml (3/4 cup) milk
- 60g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 3 egg yolks at room temperature
- 80ml (1/3 cup) boiling water
- 3 teaspoons powdered gelatine
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Frangelico liqueur
- 185ml (3/4 cup) thickened cream
- 6 poco rolled wafers with hazelnut creme filling (Betta brand) or coconut macaroons, to serve
- 100g good-quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
The instruction how to make Frangelico bavarois with chocolate sauce
- Place six 125ml (1/2-cup) metal or ceramic moulds on a tray.
- Place the milk in a small heavy-based saucepan over low heat and slowly bring to the boil.
- Place the sugar and egg yolks in a large heatproof jug. Use a balloon whisk to whisk until thick and pale. Gradually whisk in the hot milk.
- Strain the egg mixture back into the saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, for 8 minutes or until the mixture coats the back of the spoon. Do not allow the mixture to boil or it will curdle. Remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Pour the boiling water into a heatproof jug, sprinkle the gelatine over and stir with a fork until it dissolves. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Add the gelatine mixture and liqueur to the cooled custard and mix well.
- Use an electric beater to beat the cream in a medium bowl until soft peaks form. Use a large metal spoon to fold the custard into the cream in 2 batches.
- Pour the custard mixture into the moulds. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 8 hours or overnight to set.
- To make the chocolate sauce, place the chocolate and cream in a small heatproof bowl or double saucepan. Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure the bowl doesnt touch the water). Stir over low heat for 5 minutes or until the chocolate melts and sauce is smooth. (See microwave tip.)
- To serve, dip the base of the moulds in a small heatproof bowl of boiling water for 2 seconds. Run a round-ended flat-bladed knife around the top edge of each bavarois to loosen slightly and turn onto dessert plates. Pour 1 1/2 tablespoons of the chocolate sauce over each. Serve immediately with the wafers or macaroons.
Nutritions of Frangelico bavarois with chocolate saucefatContent: 460.314 calories
saturatedFatContent: 29 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 17 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 38 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 33 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 132 milligrams cholesterol