Whip up a batch of these tasty Spanish doughnuts for a sweet snack any time.
The ingredient of Churros with caramel and chocolate sauce
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 80g unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 150g (1 cup) plain flour
- Large pinch salt
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar, extra, to roll
- Vegetable oil, to deep fry
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 60ml (1/4 cup) water
- 80ml (1/3 cup) double cream
- 200g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 250ml (1 cup) thickened cream
The instruction how to make Churros with caramel and chocolate sauce
- For the caramel, stir sugar and water in a saucepan over low heat, brushing down the side of pan occasionally with a wet pastry brush for 5u00a0minutes or until the sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil.
- Boil the caramel, without stirring, for 5 minutes or until deep golden. u2028Remove from the heat and carefully stir in the cream (mixture may spit). Set caramel sauce aside for 15 minutes to thicken slightly.
- For the chocolate sauce, combine the chocolate and cream in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5u00a0minutes or until chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth. Set aside and keep warm.
- Stir the water, butter and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat until mixture comes to the boil. Add flour and u2028salt and stir with a wooden spoon for 1u00a0minute or until the dough comes away from the side of the pan. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a large bowl. Use electric beaters to beat eggs into dough, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, until well combined. Spoon into a large piping bag fitted with a 1.5cm fluted nozzle. Place the extra sugar on a plate.
- Pour oil into saucepan to reach a depth of 6cm. Heat to 180C over medium heat. Pipe four 12cm lengths into oil, cutting dough with a knife. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Drain on paper towel. Toss in sugar. Repeat with remaining dough, reheating oil.
Nutritions of Churros with caramel and chocolate saucefatContent: 348.94 calories
saturatedFatContent: 24.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 12.3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 30.4 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 21.1 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 3.3 grams protein
sodiumContent: 67 milligrams cholesterol